How do I become a teacher at Mind Recovery CollegeTM?
Thanks for your interest in teaching at Mind Recovery CollegeTM (MRC). The process for teaching can take a while: from first contact with an idea through to actually delivering your course usually takes around 6-12 months. Here’s some information on how to get started.
- We ask that everyone interested in teaching with us, first attend an MRC course – this way, you start to get a better idea of what we’re all about. You can find and enrol in upcoming courses here.
- Get more information: we suggest talking to other teachers, checking out what’s currently on offer, and having a look at the MRC Principles. Thinking this sounds like you?
- If we feel your idea has merit we will send you a Course Proposal template to fill out in more detail.
What happens next?
Every 3 months, the MRC team reviews all Expressions of Interest, to decide on where we’ll go with course development and delivery for the following terms. This process takes into account a number of things, such as:
- What kinds of courses we currently have on offer,
- The range of course ideas suggested, and
- What we’ve heard from our students that they’d like to learn about.
If your EOI is successful, you will be contacted to come in and talk to our MRC staff who will work with you to help develop your idea.
If you’re unsuccessful…don’t worry! There’s lots of reasons why we can’t develop every course idea that we receive. We will contact you to make sure you understand that it’s not a personal decision, and to see if there’s other ways you may be able to get involved with the College if you want.
Sometimes, people who have extensive teaching/facilitation experience, or who have already fully developed courses that align with the principles of the MRC, may not need to take part in Teacher Development. If this sounds like you, you can complete the EOI making note of your previous experience – we’ll then contact you to work out a plan for delivery, if your EOI is successful.